ServiceGraph Connector for Meraki: Utah Certified and more!

DexterLaBora
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

ServiceGraph Connector for Meraki: Utah Certified and more!

I'm excited to share with you some updates on the ServiceNow ServiceGraph Connector for Meraki.

We recently released version 1.3 and version 1.3.3 which have brought several improvements and new features.

DexterLaBora_4-1685706143036.png

Here's a quick rundown on what's new:

With the first release of the year, we focused on improving the overall setup and support experience with the ServiceGraph Connector for Meraki. This should help you get your Meraki equipment imported into ServiceNow more efficiently. If you run into issues, we've added new shortcuts and logs to aid in resolving common problems.

The SGC v1.3 release includes:

- Tokyo certified
- An improved guided setup experience
- New administrative and debugging menus for setup and troubleshooting
- The import job now supporting pre/post scripts to adjust the CMDB sync process
- Support for enhanced ServiceNow security requirements when receiving Meraki webhooks
- General bug fixes and improved error handling.

We've improved the overall logging experience by using human-readable error messages with explanations, to make it easier to understand what may be causing an issue.

For advanced users, we've moved the core logic of the app into its own script which is then imported into the scheduled job. This gives you the ability to adjust any of the mapping logic before/after the import job is run.
  DashboardDashboard

Compatibility with ServiceNow's Utah Release

One of the important updates of the Service Graph Connector for Meraki is its compatibility with ServiceNow's "Utah" release. This release brings a series of enhancements aimed at providing more efficient service management. It focuses on enhancing productivity and collaboration by using AI-powered workflows. The release also includes features like intuitive visual task boards. The overall goal of the this is to help organizations build efficiency and resilience in their workflows.

The SGC v1.3.3 release includes:
- Utah certified
- UI changes to the navigation
- Improvements to the import job, which address timeout issues

6 Replies 6
SergeyT
Comes here often

After updating to 1.3.3 I started receiving this error:

Error in MerakiGetOrganization - orgStream: java.lang.NullPointerException

Imports are no longer working, on a Meraki side I see that API key was used at the time of import, so it is not credentials issue.

Thanks for reaching out to our support mailer Sergey. This issue was marked as resolved.
For others who might be facing something similar, uninstalling/reinstalling the app resolved the issue.

SergeyT
Comes here often

Shweta,

Thank you for your help, I also did uncheck "Retain data and tables" when was doing the uninstall.

arielgritti
Here to help

Hi Dexter,

Thanks for the update.

We just have started configuring the Service Graph connector in our ServiceNow dev instance.

We have this error:

Error in MerakiGetOrganization - orgStream: API Key missing access to organizations: 999999 (999999 is a fake number; there we're using our Organization ID (one of them, to validate the solution).

Our Meraki admin provided us (I'm the ServiceNow Architect) the API KEY and confirm us it have read access (at least) to this organization.

Any idea to fix it?

I've created a case for Meraki and a case in ServiceNow Support.

Thanks,

Ariel

shwetaP
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Ariel,

Make sure there are no IP restrictions configured or any policies blocking the servicenow instance for you. This is a common reason for this error when API key is verified but doesn't have access.

Hi @shwetaP 

You're right. It was the RC. We've whitelisted "inbound" ServiceNow IPs in the Meraki dashboard instead of the "outbound" IP range. Doing that, the Service Graph connector for Meraki has started working well.

Thanks a lot for your support on this topic.
Ariel

PS: Only a suggestion. Probably for people like me without knowledge on the Meraki Dashboard side, adding a note in the Meraki documentation saying this can help for other people configuring the connector.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.