Random 502 errors

Solved
PatWruk
Getting noticed

Random 502 errors

Is anyone else getting random 502 errors from the API? I have a script that monitors the uplinks of about 100 devices that runs every 5 minutes or so and the last few days I noticed that some of the data wasn't being retrieved, checking the logs it's receiving a 502 error back saying 'Bad Gateway'.

it doesn't happen on every request but it does happen a few times throughout the day

1 Accepted Solution
sungod
Head in the Cloud

Availability is not 100%.

There can be various errors, if you are doing automated data gathering you need to code to handle the errors.

I now use a mix... initially API failures are re-tried several times, with increasing delay from a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes, that will cope with most issues. Sometimes that is not enough, if the initial method fails, the capture is aborted and re-run an hour or so later, which is generally enough time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PatWruk Check not sure if it helps 

502 Bad Gateway Error: What It Is and How to Fix It (lifewire.com)

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
sungod
Head in the Cloud

Availability is not 100%.

There can be various errors, if you are doing automated data gathering you need to code to handle the errors.

I now use a mix... initially API failures are re-tried several times, with increasing delay from a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes, that will cope with most issues. Sometimes that is not enough, if the initial method fails, the capture is aborted and re-run an hour or so later, which is generally enough time.

PatWruk
Getting noticed

@sungod, Yeah I'm able to handle the error, just not something I had seen before and was wondering if others had the same issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.