Query Params

SOLVED
RBRT83
New here

Query Params

I am using Postman and so far I was able to setup the baseUrl, the meraki API key, OrganizationId and networkId. When I want to use other GET functions I get stuck because I have no clue what the syntax is for all these different parameters.

Is there a description available on how to use certain Query Params?

For example, I want to use getOrganizationUplinksLossAndLatency

Here I need to enter t0 and t1, or timespan and optionally uplink and ip.

What is de date format I should use for t0/t1 and timespan?

How do I have uplink and ip set to "default" so it returns all uplinks/ all destinations IP's?

I have little experience with API's and coding in general. Please help a noob out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

yes exactly.

you've selected timespan, uplink & ip, but you are not providing any values. You can see that also in the url that the parameters are there.

Try to deselect timespan, uplink & ip. That way it will use the default values.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

t0 and t1 are timestamps which look like this: t0=2020-11-24T18:00:00Z&t1=2020-11-24T18:04:00Z

timespan is a number in seconds -> 5 minutes = 300, 2 minutes = 120. 5 minutes is also the maximum you can specify here.

to use the default values for uplink/ip just don't specify these parameters.

@Greenberet  thanks for the reply.

I have now tried this in postman, but still can't get it to work. Forgive me for being completely green

When I add the t0 and t1 and then run I get the following error: timespan' must be a float.

After adding 300 as timespan I get another error: uplink' must be one of: 'wan1', 'wan2' or 'cellular. (I would need all uplinks in this case)

When I then set uplink to wan1 I get yet another error: please specify either timespan or both t0 and t1

I'm lost..

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

Can you share a screenshot of your postman request? Just censor the IDs

Not sure if this is what you mean:

Capture.PNG

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

yes exactly.

you've selected timespan, uplink & ip, but you are not providing any values. You can see that also in the url that the parameters are there.

Try to deselect timespan, uplink & ip. That way it will use the default values.

@Greenberet 

Once again thanks for the quick reply!

I was not aware I could uncheck the parameters! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.