Query Params

Solved
RBRT83
New here

Query Params

I am using Postman and so far I was able to setup the baseUrl, the meraki API key, OrganizationId and networkId. When I want to use other GET functions I get stuck because I have no clue what the syntax is for all these different parameters.

Is there a description available on how to use certain Query Params?

For example, I want to use getOrganizationUplinksLossAndLatency

Here I need to enter t0 and t1, or timespan and optionally uplink and ip.

What is de date format I should use for t0/t1 and timespan?

How do I have uplink and ip set to "default" so it returns all uplinks/ all destinations IP's?

I have little experience with API's and coding in general. Please help a noob out.

1 Accepted Solution
Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

yes exactly.

you've selected timespan, uplink & ip, but you are not providing any values. You can see that also in the url that the parameters are there.

Try to deselect timespan, uplink & ip. That way it will use the default values.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

t0 and t1 are timestamps which look like this: t0=2020-11-24T18:00:00Z&t1=2020-11-24T18:04:00Z

timespan is a number in seconds -> 5 minutes = 300, 2 minutes = 120. 5 minutes is also the maximum you can specify here.

to use the default values for uplink/ip just don't specify these parameters.

@Greenberet  thanks for the reply.

I have now tried this in postman, but still can't get it to work. Forgive me for being completely green

When I add the t0 and t1 and then run I get the following error: timespan' must be a float.

After adding 300 as timespan I get another error: uplink' must be one of: 'wan1', 'wan2' or 'cellular. (I would need all uplinks in this case)

When I then set uplink to wan1 I get yet another error: please specify either timespan or both t0 and t1

I'm lost..

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

Can you share a screenshot of your postman request? Just censor the IDs

Not sure if this is what you mean:

Capture.PNG

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

yes exactly.

you've selected timespan, uplink & ip, but you are not providing any values. You can see that also in the url that the parameters are there.

Try to deselect timespan, uplink & ip. That way it will use the default values.

@Greenberet 

Once again thanks for the quick reply!

I was not aware I could uncheck the parameters! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.