Postman v1 with JSON Magic | JSON to CSV and Tables automatically

DexterLaBora
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Postman v1 with JSON Magic | JSON to CSV and Tables automatically

I work a lot with APIs. And regardless of the language, the one thing in common is JSON. 

The thing with JSON is that it's really flexible, but can be tedious to parse or view the way you want. 

I've spent more hours looping through JSON than I want to count, just to print out some CSV file or pull out a set of data for some other application. 

So, instead of building these one-off scripts and functions all the time, I built a solution that will help make sense of complex JSON. 

JSON Magic

- Input JSON

- Query w/ JSONata expressions

- Tableify

- Export JSON/CSV/HTML

There are a few versions of this HTML/JS app.

GitHub Code

Progressive Web App (installable as Chrome app)

Demo

selectingNestedProperties.gif

Embedded Postman Visualization

Get the new Dashboard API v1 Postman Collection w/ JSON Magic Visualization

JSON Magic Postman.gif

To really take advantage of this tool, I suggest you set aside a few hours to learn the basics of JSONata

This is still a work in progress, but it's already helped me a ton as I develop. I plan on cleaning up a few things now that I have a better understanding of the unique environments that I can shove this HTML/JS project in. Hope this helps you and let me know your thoughts. 

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That looks cool - and what a lot of work!

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@DexterLaBora should the banner in the visualizer section have the download csv and other buttons like your example gif? Mine looks like this.

Screenshot 2023-11-10 at 14.30.59.png

Postman locked down their permissions and this feature had to be removed. Visualizations are unable to export data at this time. 

As a workaround, would it be useful to see the raw CSV text on the screen which enables you to manually copy and paste?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.