Postman returning 404 error

SOLVED
MMoss
Building a reputation

Postman returning 404 error

I jumped into Postman for the first time since February and all of my GET commands are returning 404 errors. To troubleshoot I ran previously good GET calls from history and even went to back to basics and did the getOrganizations request. I've used the base url of https//api.meraki.com/api/v0 and the shard for the dashboard in it's place. Not sure if this snip is enough to get an idea of the cause or not. I also reset my API thinking it was the error but the new one didn't help any. 

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Edgar-VO
Building a reputation

Hi,

Python is easy to get it...

import meraki
import apikey

api_key = apikey.Get_Api_Key("")
dashboard       = meraki.DashboardAPI(api_key)
my_org = dashboard.organizations.getOrganizations()

for org in my_org:
        org_id = org['id']
        print(org)

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Steinbep
Getting noticed

What version of the postman package are you using? Are you using the beta for v1?

ammahend
Getting noticed

for most part I am not seeing any issue, which specific GET call are you making ?

ammahend_0-1588697674281.png

MMoss
Building a reputation

As a test I was trying to pull the Org ID using the Meraki Dashboard API request they put out. The collection version is .10 released on April 1st, no beta version.

ammahend
Getting noticed

in your printshot, I don't see "content-type" header key and value

MMoss
Building a reputation

I only used what was in the template, I used the variables for what was requested but I don't recall using anything other than those variables

Edgar-VO
Building a reputation

Hi there,

Here you have a snippet from my postman...

Simply fill in the API key and Content-Type at the headers and you are set to go.

Edgar-VO_0-1588706151468.png

MMoss
Building a reputation

@Edgar-VO I added Content-Type and application/json but no luck 😞 Same 404 error

Edgar-VO
Building a reputation

Hi,

Try changing your url in https://api.meraki.com/api/v0/organizations/ The API key will redirect you to the proper organsation. Also removing all keys except for API and content type

Then you have the same postman as i have, and it should be working..... I think your problem lies in the URL

Ed

MMoss
Building a reputation

@Edgar-VO 

No go

MMoss_0-1588863920280.png

Edgar-VO
Building a reputation

Hi,

I still see a lot of useless keys.....try removing them. Keep only API and Content type

That is for now the only difference i can see in my request

MMoss
Building a reputation

Sad thing is I'm using the ones Meraki put out. I'll try it shortly

MMoss
Building a reputation

Didn't work, but I noticed you have yours hidden. The little eye icon at the top will show them. What do you have for Query Params on the first tab if anything?

Edgar-VO
Building a reputation

Try to use the free postman program

You can get it here :

https://www.postman.com/downloads/

MMoss
Building a reputation

Already using it, uninstalled and reinstalled even

MMoss
Building a reputation

I'm learning Python so I'm really about to kick this to the curve. It's was quick and easy to pick up, but doesn't look like it's going to work like it used to.

Edgar-VO
Building a reputation

Hi,

Python is easy to get it...

import meraki
import apikey

api_key = apikey.Get_Api_Key("")
dashboard       = meraki.DashboardAPI(api_key)
my_org = dashboard.organizations.getOrganizations()

for org in my_org:
        org_id = org['id']
        print(org)

MMoss
Building a reputation

I've been working on learning it for awhile now. Unfortunately I can't seem to manage not being pulled in 100 different directions on a daily basis so it's not going as fast as I'd like.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.