Option to update stack name

Solved
YoeriOppelaar1
Here to help

Option to update stack name

Good day all, 

with the introduction of the auto-stacking option, when a switches are  is physical connected to each other to form a stack which is not defined upfront in dashboard, it will be auto-created, which is a great feature if you ask me. 

During this process it the auto created stack gets a general name like Stack-01 or something similar.

We try to automate the Meraki deployment more and more. Also stacks was part of it, where i was able to set the stack name when creating the stack. But after this, it is not possible to update the stack name via API. ( it is possible via webgui) 

So when a auto created stack with standardized name is already there, i have not option to rename it via API according to customers naming convention. 

How or via which road, do i get "updating Stack Hostname" as a feature on the API roadmap?

thanks in advance

Yoeri

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is a bummer.  That is going to need a support case or "make a wish".

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
MasG
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes you can rename the switch stack name from the dashboard. Navigate to switching > switch stacks > click on the stack > next to the stack name there is an edit pencil which will allow you to change the switch stack name. 

Hi MasG, 
after re-reading my original post, i think i was not clear enough. yesi am able to rename via the webgui/dashboard. But i want to be able to do this via API, as we try to use automation first approach.

Reqarding to stacks, i can create or delete them via API, not update them. 

Therefor my question how to get this API endpoint at the developer roadmap

Yoeri

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That is a bummer.  That is going to need a support case or "make a wish".

I was allready afraid that would be the outcome. was hoping for a "shortcut" 🙂

Im going to create ticket for this. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.