No way to verify local status page password is enabled?

Mloraditch
A model citizen

No way to verify local status page password is enabled?

The update version of the networksettings endpoints lets you set the setting, but the get doesn't indicate whether a password is set (or what it is).  Am I missing anything anywhere else? I haven't been able to find anything.

3 Replies 3
sungod
Head in the Cloud

I suspect the API intentionally does not return plaintext passwords.

For the get call, isn't 'enabled' true if a password has been set, otherwise false?

"localStatusPage": {
        "authentication": {
            "enabled": false,     <<<<<< this one
            "username": "admin"
        }

No I did test the enabled and it doesn't change if the password is blanked.

It's interesting, because you can retrieve things like the 3rd Party VPN Passwords. That's saved my butt several times when having to migrate things we didn't originally setup.

It looks like it only cares if you enabled it, but if you blank out the password, it will drop the username.

With password set:

{'localStatusPageEnabled': True, 'remoteStatusPageEnabled': False, 'securePort': {'enabled': False}, 'localStatusPage': {'authentication': {'enabled': True, 'username': 'admin'}}, 'namedVlans': {'enabled': False}, 'fips': {'enabled': False}}

Password blanked out:

{'localStatusPageEnabled': True, 'remoteStatusPageEnabled': False, 'securePort': {'enabled': False}, 'localStatusPage': {'authentication': {'enabled': True}}, 'namedVlans': {'enabled': False}, 'fips': {'enabled': False}}

Password set again:

{'localStatusPageEnabled': True, 'remoteStatusPageEnabled': False, 'securePort': {'enabled': False}, 'localStatusPage': {'authentication': {'enabled': True, 'username': 'admin'}}, 'namedVlans': {'enabled': False}, 'fips': {'enabled': False}}

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.