Network context SNMP traps API configuration

netengmonty
Here to help

Network context SNMP traps API configuration

Hello,

I am looking to configure SNMP Traps on many networks and I would like to script the process. I have web-scraped to find that the WEB-GUI is using POST to "https://n127.meraki.com/{{Organization name}}/n/{{NetworkID}}/manage/alerts" and will use the following JSON to update it:

"snmpTrap": {
    "config": {
      "id": "config",
      "snmp_access": "community",
      "community": "1234",
      "trap_users": {},
      "ip": "1.2.3.4",
      "port": "162"
    }
  },

I am unable to locate anything about this in any forums and documentation. Is this setting exposed to an API PUT or GET at all? If so, what is the URL for it?

Thanks

Jake Montgomery
10 REPLIES 10

Thank you Philip, but that is for SNMP polling at the Organization level. Our deployments require it for SNMP Trapping at the Network level.
Jake Montgomery

Thanks again, but still not quite there.

In the first link, those SNMP settings are for Polling and not Traps.

In the second link, it does include the option to enable SNMP trapping, but it does not include the settings for SNMP Trapping.

Please see "Enabling Traps" at the bottom of the following URL. This may help you to see more of the settings I am looking to configure.
https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/SNMP_Overview_and_...
Jake Montgomery

I don't believe there are any other API calls that relate to this.

I'm afraid I'm finding the same. I guess I'll submit a ticket and follow-up with a feature request if necessary.

Thanks for working through this and confirming it with me.
Jake Montgomery

Hello,

by any chance: any update on a ticket or feature request for that?

Got the same issue..

I've got the same need, any luck by the way with the ticket?

odmv
Conversationalist

We also really need this functionality. I don't understand why the option to enable/disable SNMP on a specific trap message is there, but the ability to configure the trap destination IP is not.  

maltroc
New here

It is possible to achieve that with Python and Selenium. (Not ideal, but didn't find a better solution)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.