Network ID changed

Solved
boomi
Getting noticed

Network ID changed

I have a network that was converted, I believe, from MX only to combined. Apparently this changes the network ID. Is this working as intended or a bug? 

Why is the network ID not static? I noticed the old network ID still worked, and returned only the MX when I queried it for devices. Does a combined network actually have a 'combined' network ID then individual ones for each device type?

1 Accepted Solution
Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @boomi 

Combined network has multiple payloads of config stored in it, each payload with its own networkID and the combined network on a whole with another networkID. So, the behavior is expected to change the networkID when converting an MX only network to a Combined one. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Seshu

Meraki Team

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @boomi 

Combined network has multiple payloads of config stored in it, each payload with its own networkID and the combined network on a whole with another networkID. So, the behavior is expected to change the networkID when converting an MX only network to a Combined one. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Seshu

Meraki Team

boomi
Getting noticed

Understood, thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.