MERAKI | API and Webhooks

Marcx
Just browsing

MERAKI | API and Webhooks

I am seeking assistance with a Python script I’m developing to notify me via email when WAN2 goes down. Despite setting up an API key and webhook through Ngrok, the script isn't sending notifications as expected. Additionally, I need guidance on how to access and monitor directly network appliances to check the status of WAN1 and WAN2, as the current Meraki alert system only supports WAN1. Could you please help me troubleshoot the script, provide instructions for accessing appliance status, and suggest how to configure notifications specifically for WAN2? Your expertise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and support.

6 Replies 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you able to post the bit you think is going wrong?

I would like to confirm whether my understanding of your response is accurate. Specifically, I am seeking clarification on whether the section in question pertains to posting the bit that triggers an email notification. If this is indeed the case, I have encountered an issue where I am unable to post it directly, and can only do so using Postman. Your assistance in clarifying this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

sungod
Head in the Cloud

q: I am seeking assistance with a Python script I’m developing to notify me via email when WAN2 goes down. Despite setting up an API key and webhook through Ngrok, the script isn't sending notifications as expected.

a: you need to post your script for people to be able to review/advise

q: Additionally, I need guidance on how to access and monitor directly network appliances to check the status of WAN1 and WAN2, as the current Meraki alert system only supports WAN1.

a: see https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/get-organization-appliance-uplink-statuses/

q: Could you please help me troubleshoot the script, provide instructions for accessing appliance status, and suggest how to configure notifications specifically for WAN2?

a: again, post the script. I do not think there's a Dashboard notification for WAN2, you would need to create a script that checks status periodically, for instance you might be able to simply ping it.

Status, latency, etc. changes can be alerted on for WAN2 and other uplinks with the Meraki Insight feature set. I think it's included in the SD-WAN license tier.

I never noticed that! Just configured it.

Yes, Insight is included in the SD-WAN tier.

MartinS
Building a reputation

Apologies for the thread hijack, but if you don't fancy running and maintaining your own script, there are plenty of ecosystem partners who can help with this:

Cisco Meraki Marketplace | Cisco Meraki

Declaring an interest, I work for one 🙂

Highlight Service Observability Platform for SD-WAN | Cisco Meraki Marketplace

---
COO
Highlight - Service Observability Platform
www.highlight.net
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.