L3 Firewall Rules backup with default rule added

webfrank
Getting noticed

L3 Firewall Rules backup with default rule added

Hi,

I'm working with the Firewall Backup API and I noticed it returns also the default "ALLOW any any" rule, this way if I restore later the same rules I will duplicate the default rule.

I suggest to not return the default rule as it will be there "by default", otherwise any backup script which will use this API should be "intelligent" enough to discard the last provided item in rules array.

2 REPLIES 2
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Have you tested a restore to see if it does indeed re-add that rule?  Also could you make you restore script just strip out that line?

Note:  I agree that your enhancement suggestion would be the ultimate correct solution since that firewall rule is not editable by us anyway.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
webfrank
Getting noticed

Hi, yes I test the restore and there I noticed the rule is added and if I do multiple times backup/restore without deleting manually the last rule I'll got several of them added. As the management of backup/restore is general I would like not to change the logic only for this kind of API. I think that what I backup is what I would like to restore.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.