I'm having issues updating an SSID for a nertwork

Solved
jeffsto
Here to help

I'm having issues updating an SSID for a nertwork

Hi.  I'm trying to use the library "updateNetworkWirelessSsid" to update an SSID name.  I keep getting the error "Message: 'quote_from_bytes() expected bytes'" when I run the following.

1st I get the networks and pass each network to a addnetworkssid class I created

mymeraki.getnetworks(MYID)
for network in mymeraki.networksbynum:
for mernetworkdict in mymeraki.networksbynum[network]:
mymeraki.addnetworkssid(newssid,mernetworkdict)

2nd in the class I get the SSID info for each network I pass to it

def addnetworkssid(self,newssid,mernetworkdict):
self.newssid = newssid
self.mernetworkdict = mernetworkdict
self.existingssids = self.getnetworkssids(self.mernetworkdict['id'])

Then I loop the SSIDs looking for the name "unconfigured".  When I find it, I try to update the name

for ssids in self.existingssids:
if re.search('Unconfigured SSID',ssids['name']):
ssids.update({'name':newssid})
try:
self.response = self.dashboard.wireless.updateNetworkWirelessSsid(self.mernetworkdict['id'],**ssids) # execute the API
return

1 Accepted Solution
jeffsto
Here to help

I was able to resolve this.  I had to send the meraki ID as a string however that wasn't the error I was getting so it wasn't clear.  Trial and error got me to my fix.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jeffsto
Here to help

If anyone is using this library and would just like to pass along how you're using it, that would also be welcome.  When I try to use the code example, I get an error that says that 3 arguments are required but 4 are provided.  

jeffsto
Here to help

I was able to resolve this.  I had to send the meraki ID as a string however that wasn't the error I was getting so it wasn't clear.  Trial and error got me to my fix.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.