How to get and update Ethernet configuration on Meraki via API

SOLVED
Vecheka
Conversationalist

How to get and update Ethernet configuration on Meraki via API

Hello everybody, 

I am having a hard time figuring out how to access this info via API. I am able to get the Uplink Configuration via API by this endpoint `/devices/{serial}/managementInterface`, so I am assuming there has to be a way to get the Ethernet Configuration as well via API. I tried using this `/devices/{serial}/switch/ports` endpoint but getting 400 Bad Request, {'errors': ['This endpoint only supports MS devices']}Could someone point me in the right direction? Does the endpoint even exist? 

Vecheka_0-1609791754691.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm guessing you are referring to the MX series here.  I'm not aware of any such API.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm guessing you are referring to the MX series here.  I'm not aware of any such API.

That's correct. I see...I was assuming that as well, I couldnt find that endpoint anywhere. That's kind of a bummer since they have it for Uplink Configuration but not for this. Thank you for your reply! 

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

As Philip stated there is not an endpoint to get the same information that is available for the MS. The closest you can get on the MX is the /networks/{networkId}/appliance/ports endpoint, but this doesn’t provide interface bandwidth/duplex configuration.

(Since you have to use the local status page to get the bandwidth/duplex on a MX and it can’t be changed through the Dashboard, I wonder if this is a shortcoming of the Current MX firmware?)

EDIT: Be aware that the capabilities of a MX switch port are far less than those of a MS switch port.

Vecheka
Conversationalist

Ahh that's good to know. We only have MX devices in our company. I am trying to automate some processes but I guess the part to change Link Negotiation just needs to be done manually. Any chance in the near future, that endpoint would be added? 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.