Getting Country/Region for non-MR networks

EtrnB
Conversationalist

Getting Country/Region for non-MR networks

I am writing a Python script to export the general network config for all networks in a Meraki org (essentially everything under Network wide -> General) . Part of this is to get the Country/Region for each of the networks. This is can be done with getNetworkWirelessSettings (regulatoryDomain/countryCode) for a network which has a wireless AP. My question is how to get the Country/Region for networks that do not contain a wireless AP? Trying to run getNetworkWirelessSettings against a network which does not have an AP throws an error. I have searched the API documentation but cannot find anything that would work. Any ideas for how I can get the country information for a network without wireless APs?

3 Replies 3
sungod
Head in the Cloud

Country/region are specific to wireless because of regulatory requirements.

The closest you'll get for generic networks is using...

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api-v1/get-organization-networks/

...and the timeZone parameter.

Even with wireless, the only way Dashboard 'knows' what the country it is will be through configuration you input in the first place (auto-detection of wireless country region is absolutely not reliable!)

So if you want to know the country, add it as a tag when configuring the network, then you can always read the tag later - this is what we do.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Country/region are specific to wireless because of regulatory requirements.

I don't think that is true ( anymore ? ). MX with wireless capabilities should show the regulatory domain also.

sungod
Head in the Cloud

Yes, I'd assumed that an MXnnW would count as 'wireless' in this sense.

Haven't any networks with one that don't also have MR devices, maybe someone who does have one can check and confirm?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.