Firmware upgrades

RaresPauna
Getting noticed

Firmware upgrades

Hellp. I want to make a script for postponing firmware upgrades but i wanted to know if there is any API support for finding out if the update is scheduled by somebody or by meraki. 

RaresPauna_1-1679408787466.png

in the api call " Get Firmware Upgrade Information For A Network " i can't see anything related to this

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is no API to GET this information.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

This might be an issue for my script, xd. Thanks

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This might be usefull : 

/organizations/{organizationId}/firmware/upgrades/byDevice

{"serial":"X","name":"X","deviceStatus":"Pending","upgrade":{"time":"2023-03-22T03:00:00.000000Z","id":"X","upgradeBatchId":"X","status":"Pending","fromVersion":{"id":"2394","releaseDate":"2023-01-24T20:42:54Z","shortName":"MS 15.19"},"toVersion":{"id":"2443","releaseDate":"2023-03-20T22:40:20Z","shortName":"MS 15.21.1"}}}]

I can see the scheduled firmware upgrade for my MS switch to 15.19 to 15.21.1 that I have scheduled tonight. However you don't see the user who scheduled it.

This is the problem. I want to postpone the automatic updates that meraki schedules. But I can't do that without affecting the updates scheduled by administrators.
Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.