1) Does the user automatically get redirected to our Captive Portal page once they connect to the wireless network or do they have to make a request to a specific Url? Based on what I read, it seems like they have to make a request.
2) Seems like you would have to pass in the client_mac to grant access, otherwise how does the AP know which device to grant access to?
3) Also, will a Get request like this really grant access to a user and allow them to continue on?
4) How secure is the grant access request? I assume it will only accept a request like this from the IP address hosting the Captive Portal page. Is this correct?
5) Does all the following data automatically get posted to the redirect Url for the Captive Portal? Am I missing anything? Can this be edited? Can we pass a hard coded unique Id that will tell us who the request is for? This would be for a multi-tenant application.