DNS error on createOrganizationNetwork

Sofiane-dev
Just browsing

DNS error on createOrganizationNetwork

Hello,

The following error started popping up since yesterday when we try to create an organization network via dashboard api:

organizations, createOrganizationNetwork - 400 Bad Request, {'errors': ['Url failed to DNS resolve host name', "Hostname 'api.tnaas.tcsapps.com' has no public ip addresses"]}

Is there any ongoing incident with Meraki dashboard api ?

Thank you

8 Replies 8
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Just tried the POST /organizations API endpoint and was able to create an org okay, might be worth opening a support ticket and providing some additional context. I can only imagine this error if you're creating a new org by cloning it perhaps.

Hello @ConnorL , thank's for your help

Here are the logs generated by Meraki package, I hope it's helpful. 

As you can see, I'm trying to create an organization network from an existing one (/organizations/{organizationId}/networks). It had always worked without any problem, we didn't make any changes do our code.

{"asctime": "2024-01-31 14:04:17,213", "levelname": "INFO", "name": "meraki", "message": "Meraki dashboard API session initialized with these parameters: {'version': '1.25.0', 'api_key': '************************************2307', 'base_url': 'https://****.meraki.com/api/v1', 'single_request_timeout': 60, 'certificate_path': '', 'requests_proxy': '', 'wait_on_rate_limit': True, 'nginx_429_retry_wait_time': 60, 'action_batch_retry_wait_time': 60, 'retry_4xx_error': False, 'retry_4xx_error_wait_time': 60, 'maximum_retries': 6, 'simulate': False, 'be_geo_id': None, 'caller': None, 'use_iterator_for_get_pages': False}"}

{"asctime": "2024-01-31 14:04:17,713", "levelname": "DEBUG", "name": "meraki", "message": "", "tags": ["organizations", "configure", "networks"], "operation": "createOrganizationNetwork", "method": "POST", "url": "/organizations/******/networks", "json": {"timeZone": "Europe/Paris", "tags": ["EMEA", "*****", "Call_center"], "copyFromNetworkId": "********************", "name": "TEST_NAPP_NETWORK_EMEA", "productTypes": ["wireless", "switch"]}}

{"asctime": "2024-01-31 14:04:17,713", "levelname": "INFO", "name": "meraki", "message": "POST https://****.meraki.com/api/v1/organizations/******/networks"}

{"asctime": "2024-01-31 11:23:55,372", "levelname": "ERROR", "name": "meraki", "message": "organizations, createOrganizationNetwork - 400 Bad Request, {'errors': ['Url failed to DNS resolve host name', \"Hostname 'api.tnaas.tcsapps.com' has no public ip addresses\"]}"}

Mind dropping me a DM with a link to the source network? Curious where this "api.tnaas.tcsapps.com" is being referenced from.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is api.tnaas.tcsapps.com ?

No idea, the response is coming from Meraki. From a quick search it belongs to "Tata Consultancy Services Limited" which belongs to Tata group. 

sungod
Head in the Cloud

There's no major outages showing on the status page https://status.meraki.net/

Might be a 'local' problem, you can either wait to see if it resolves or open a support case.

But in the logging info you post below, I see...

base_url': 'https://****.meraki.com/api/v1',

...normally the base |URL should be api.meraki.com/api/v1 if you are specifying something else that may be the problem.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What URL address is this?

api.tnaas.tcsapps.com

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

> failed to DNS resolve host name', "Hostname 'api.tnaas.tcsapps.com' 

This is your issue.  "api.tnaas.tcsapps.com" has nothing to do with Meraki.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.