Captive Portal API - Click-Through - Can a email address be passed to the API

DawidvW
Just browsing

Captive Portal API - Click-Through - Can a email address be passed to the API

Hi,

I tested the Captive Portal Click-Through API, works fine, but when a user uses this, I can't see their username or email address in the Meraki Portal Client List...I see their mac address and device hostname, but not their username and/or email address.

I would like to monitor users in case of misuse, but trying to do that when you can only see a mac address or hostname (which some devices have horrible host/device names) is not an option/viable.

Does the API allow this, or should I post a username variable or use another API that will allow this?

Regards,

Dawid

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know if this will work - but have you tried adding the "User" column under Network-Wide/Clients?

1.PNG

Philip,

Thanks for the advice, but no, I have already enabled the column for the username.

Dawid

When you say "click-through" where are you capturing the username/e-mail. The thing with click-trough is that they just need to click a button acknowledging you're usage policy and that's it. So there would be now way to get that info in dashboard. Or am I misunderstanding the situation?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.