Back up configuration feature

Boundless
Getting noticed

Back up configuration feature

Hi team,

In our next release we are building a tool that will provide a back up for configuration versions. The idea is to address configuration drift by giving a way to restore a saved configuration.

We have a rough idea on how the tool will look like but we are definitely eager to collect insights/feedbacks and find beta testers.

You can reply to this post or contact me in MP.

Thanks!

Best,

Ned

Noel-Edouard Chenu
3 Replies 3
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

All the configuration is saved in the cloud so why the need for local?  Plus all changes can be found via the dashboard. 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

If you are not using configuration templates and you make changes along the way, you can experience some configuration drift from the initial parameters and there is no way to go reverse all the changes at once.

We are addressing large Meraki organizations and MSPs who deal with multiple networks environment and for whom the native dashboard is too limited.

Noel-Edouard Chenu
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think it happened once about two years ago that Meraki deleted parts of some organizations based on programming mistakes. I assume these customers had been happy to have a backup to apply.

Also, think about completely messing up your config. With a backup, you could easily go back. I wonder why Meraki does not have something like this build in the system. "Cloud" does not automatically mean the data is safe.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.