Anyone created a python script for changing the WPA-key on all sites for a customer?

milou
New here

Anyone created a python script for changing the WPA-key on all sites for a customer?

Hi,
We have a customer with around 50 sites -  all are using the same 3 SSID's. SSID "X" have the same key on all sites.
likewise for SSID "Y" and SSID "Z". Now out customer wants to change these 3 SSID wpa-keys  - on all of the sites.h
At a specific date..

Is there someone that has done something like this, using python?
(new to scripting and python)

BR
/Milou

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I sent you a private message.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

If I were to make a script, I would start off by getting a list of all networks, and then I’d get all the SSIDs on each network. For each SSID I’d check the name, and then update them with the new PSK.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

A piece of advice, for these cases where there are multiple networks with the same configurations, the use of templates helps a lot.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Jamieinbox
Getting noticed

Yes, this code will display PSK SSID per Network and generate a randomized password for you.

Merakicode/ChgPSKPassword at main · jadexing/Merakicode (github.com)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.