Alerts deployment for config templates

Ozgur
Here to help

Alerts deployment for config templates

I'm having a problem trying to deploy alert settings for a config template through the dashboard api . 

If I get alert settings for a config template, and try to send the data I received to update network settings method, I get a calition error stating that "clientConnectivity" alert type is not supported by this network. But should not that alert be returned in the read request if it's not supported for that template?

Not all networks support all types of alerts (for example, a wireless network supports only a subset of alerts types), and when I read their alert settings, I only get what is supported by them. Same does not seem to be the case for config templates.

2 Replies 2
Seshu
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Ozgur 

I have checked some details on a test Org I have and seems like the GET Alerts for a Template is returning "

{"type":"clientConnectivity","enabled":false,"alertDestinations":{"emails":[],"snmp":false,"allAdmins":false,"httpServerIds":[]}" but when I tried to push the same values returned by the GET through a PUT to the same Template, I got the same clientConnectivity error. 

I think you should open a support case so that we can investigate with our developers and get back to you with this one.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Meraki Team 

Hello @Seshu , thanks for the reply, doing that now.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.