Action Batches

Solved
pdeleuw
Getting noticed

Action Batches

Hi,

I am testing some things with the API. There are some questions, I am not able to find answers ...

An Action Batch is not executed if the property confirmed is not set to true.

An Action Batch with property confirmed false will be deleted after one week.

An Action Batch with property confirmed true cannot be deleted. I cannot update it to confirmed:false. There are some Action Batches from testing and I want to clean-up. But how?

POST is to create a batch. DELETE is to delete it and PUT is to update a batch. If I try to update an existing batch, I see the error "The action list cannot be updated". This happens regardless if the batch is confirmed or not. The only property I can update is synchronous. But how to update the actions?

Maybe someone has answers for me.

Thank you,

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Right now I see, all action batches are deleted. So we can learn: action batches are deleted after some days (about a week), regardless of the property confirmed or not confirmed, regardless of state (completed, failure).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

So the idea is, that you can prepare an action batch without actually executing it. That's the idea behind the "confirmed" parameter. As long as that is set to false, the action batch will not be executed.

If you haven't set the confirmed to true after a week the action batch will be removed (this is likely to keep Meraki's action batch DB from cluttering up).

Once set to confirmed, you can no longer "cancel" it, so therefore you can't delete it, nor can you change it. I didn't find it documented, but I assume it will also automatically be deleted after a week. So there's no manual cleanup possible.

I also found the PUT command to refuse changing the actions part. But you can delete it and create a new one, does that help?

Thank you for the reply.

My mistake was to set the parameter confirmed to true while testing and trying to understand what happens. So I have several confirmed batches which I do not need anymore. I hope they are deleted automatically. I will wait for one week and check if the batches are gone. I will report it here.

In the API docs I find for the update/PUT the parameters confirmed and synchronous. Maybe, there is no update for the actions. So you can design your batch with confirmed=false and check if errors occur. When you are ready, you can update it to confirmed=true and delete the unconfirmed batches.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

@DexterLaBora Picking on you because you keep popping in and being helpful. Is there a way to manually delete an action batch? If no, is one forthcoming? Thanks!

Nash
Kind of a big deal

And @jdsilva to the rescue with something I should have read and yet my eye skipped right over.

Right now I see, all action batches are deleted. So we can learn: action batches are deleted after some days (about a week), regardless of the property confirmed or not confirmed, regardless of state (completed, failure).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.