API for Mesh latency

SOLVED
Farrukh
Getting noticed

API for Mesh latency

Is their is an api to  get mesh latency and speed?

MeshAps.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Meraki_John
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

It's not recommended.

There's a couple of reasons; we have a dedicated dashboard development team who are always improving the experience of dashboard and permanently tweaking pages to make them better for human interaction - which could easily break and machine reading ability, and would leave you back where you started.

Secondly, it's not supported - so if you started seeing issues whether they were intermittent data, or data not being shown in a machine readable format, etc. then you would, again, be back where you started and permanently trying to create workarounds to issues you may experience along the way.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Meraki_John
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

At the moment, this isn't available in the Dashboard API.

What is the use-case for it?

We have around thousand sites where we have a gateway and multiple repeaters.

in many cases repeater have had bad connectivity with the gateway. 

There fore we are interested in identifying the performance and connectivity from repeater to gateway.

Meraki_John
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

I will bring this up in our next API team meeting and discuss with the product team.

In the meantime, you could create a support case and work with someone from the team to work out why you are getting bad connectivity with the gateway over meshing.

i have another question.

is it allowed to do web scraping over meraki dashboard?

Meraki_John
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

It's not recommended.

There's a couple of reasons; we have a dedicated dashboard development team who are always improving the experience of dashboard and permanently tweaking pages to make them better for human interaction - which could easily break and machine reading ability, and would leave you back where you started.

Secondly, it's not supported - so if you started seeing issues whether they were intermittent data, or data not being shown in a machine readable format, etc. then you would, again, be back where you started and permanently trying to create workarounds to issues you may experience along the way.

I am also seeking to pull out the Mesh info via API from the "RF" tab if you will but don't see any calls to do so. We do so already from other wireless controllers/platforms and I know the data is there, just need the data :P. I may have missed the endpoint in the docs but didn't see the Mesh neighborsmeraki-mesh-info-image.PNG piece or RSSI on mesh nodes. 

Intent is displaying internally on our custom webpages and do some custom automation and alerting on it.

The Scanning API at a quick glance doesn't have Mesh Neighbor information but client info unless I'm wrong.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/WiFi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Wireless_Mesh_Networking

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/scanning-api/#!api-version-3-0-beta/payload-structure

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.