[API] Want documentation for detailed data information of API response

SOLVED
Namgyu
Getting noticed

[API] Want documentation for detailed data information of API response

To proceed with the project, I need a Meraki API Specification documentation.
I CANNOT check the list of all data that can be acquired in the existed official Meraki API documentation.
There is an example body of API response in the official documentation, but it sometimes does not show the accurate data via API.

So is there a list with all data types and values specified in API response?

As an example of the content, I wonder whether there is any value other than "online" and "offline" that can be acquired by the "status" item via deviceStatus API.
Other than the example above, I have questions with some data details below.

No.APIKeyQuestions about values
1/organizations/{organizationId}/deviceStatusesstatusthe other list of values that can be returned in addition to "Online" and "Offline"
2/networks/{networkId}/failedConnectionstypeList of all the values that can be acquired from the system
 failureStep
3/networks/{networkId}/devices/{serial}/rebootsuccessWhether or not other return data exists and lists when the acquired value is "false".
4/networks/{networkId}/clientsip6Type of the acquired value
 user
5/networks/{networkId}/devices/{serial}/uplinkstatusThe presence and list of values that can be returned in addition to "Active" and "Not connected"
6/devices/{serial}/switchPortStatuseserrorsList of all the values that can be acquired from the system
 warningsList of all the values that can be acquired from the system
 statusThe presence and list of values that can be returned in addition to "Connected" and "disConnected"
 speedWhether or not there is an Integrer version of the acquisition value. (data type: String)
The darkness of green color of the switch port image in Meraki dashboard is determined by the speed value, but the value via API is String. So I wonder how to draw the image in dashboard.

Because I cannot get all of the values of the key via API at my site,

I need the Meraki API Specification documentation with detailed data information of API response.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DexterLaBora
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I would suggest you start working with API v1. It's in beta but being released next month.

The API schema has been reorganized to help navigate and make sense of the resources. We have also implemented an underlying framework to standardize response codes and to be more verbose with individual errors.

The examples have also been improved, but we do not yet have example models for every combination of the response values. 

Check out the v1 docs to see if it's any more helpful.

https://meraki.io/api-v1

Also, check out the raw OpenAPI spec file to explore and build upon all of the endpoint definitions.
(this is essentially what we use to generate the docs, postman collection and python library)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/meraki/openapi/v1-beta/openapi/spec2.json

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DexterLaBora
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I would suggest you start working with API v1. It's in beta but being released next month.

The API schema has been reorganized to help navigate and make sense of the resources. We have also implemented an underlying framework to standardize response codes and to be more verbose with individual errors.

The examples have also been improved, but we do not yet have example models for every combination of the response values. 

Check out the v1 docs to see if it's any more helpful.

https://meraki.io/api-v1

Also, check out the raw OpenAPI spec file to explore and build upon all of the endpoint definitions.
(this is essentially what we use to generate the docs, postman collection and python library)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/meraki/openapi/v1-beta/openapi/spec2.json

chengineer
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@Namgyu for #1, "alerting" is also a possible state, and for #5, "ready" and "failed".

Solutions Architect @ Cisco Meraki | API & Developer Ecosystem
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.