API - Switch Port Status Call

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

API - Switch Port Status Call

Hi there ,

I'm using the new API call for switch Port status but I'm always getting a HTTP 502.

I have also tried the console / debug call from https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/#/rest/api-endpoints/switch-ports/get-device-switch-port-stat... but I'm still getting 502. 

I have tried with switches from MS11.22 to MS11.30 and still no luck. 

Any clues before I open a ticket ? 

Thanks.

8 Replies 8
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Hi @RaphaelL,

Can you post the code you're using to make the call (remove the sensitive bits). It'd be pretty hard to guess with the information provided. 

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm using the link https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/#/rest/api-endpoints/switch-ports/get-device-switch-port-stat... to test the call. You only need your API key and a valid serial number from your Org.

2020-03-02_10-18-33.png

Nash
Kind of a big deal

If you try it using the Postman collection, do you still get 502? I just tested across a couple of shards, and successfully got returns.

Trying to rule out something weird going on with your cURL processor.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Samething. Tried with Postman and still get a 502.

Only 2 calls are failing at the moment : switchPortStatuses and switchPortStatuses/packets.

Are they dependant on a specific firmware version ?

It is not firmware dependent. I have tested both APIs, switchPortStatuses and switchPortStatuses/packets, and I can confirm that they are working.

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.
Nash
Kind of a big deal

What shard are you on? We've seen problems before where most shards were okay but a couple were being difficult, on other calls.

I have access to a number of shards with switches on, so it's possible that I can test on the same shard as you.

DensyoV
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@Nash  I tested on n80 and n189, both works. I just use Postman for testing.

Please hit kudos if you found this post helpful and/or click "accept as solution" if this solved your problem.
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sorry , I was out of the office. 

This org seems to be on n238. 

I have access to a lot of shards also, I tested on n216 and it is working. I think I'm going to open a case about it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.