log entry or event triggered on creation of new administrator

SOLVED
TaniaSanchez
Here to help

log entry or event triggered on creation of new administrator

Hi,

Is it possible to be alerted if a new administrator account is created? How about when an administrator logs into the portal?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Omkar_Manjrekar
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Greetings,

Whenever a new adminstrator is created, the entry gets logged in under the changelog. You can view it under Organization > Changelog. Also, you should be able to see a full list of Administrator logins by navigating to Organization > Login Attempts. 

Currently, we do not have a way to set up alerts for login information.

Regards,

Meraki Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Omkar_Manjrekar
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Greetings,

Whenever a new adminstrator is created, the entry gets logged in under the changelog. You can view it under Organization > Changelog. Also, you should be able to see a full list of Administrator logins by navigating to Organization > Login Attempts. 

Currently, we do not have a way to set up alerts for login information.

Regards,

Meraki Team

Thank you @Omkar_Manjrekar

You answer exactly what I was looking for. It is a pity this is not available. One customer is asking for it as it is part of their security assessment that they get alarms for administrator logins.

I have requested the feature through the dashboard. Thanks very much!

Greetings,

I am wondering if since this answer has been published two years ago, there was a change implemented which enables alerting to webhooks (similar config to what we can do on network level) for organizational tasks? We face the same question from our security department, how we can log and get alerted when a new admin is created. This might be a security risk.

Should I bring up this one as a wish too? When could this be implemented?

Thank you

Markus

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.