cannot login to local status page of MX68 using the serial number and blank password . Its a new MX

Gaurav_235
New here

cannot login to local status page of MX68 using the serial number and blank password . Its a new MX

cannot login to local status page of MX68 using the serial number and blank password . Its a new MX. Can anyone suggest 

8 Replies 8
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did the MX already check into the dashboard of an existing network? Then it is the login that is configured on the dashboard.

Gaurav_235
New here

No its a MX  powered on First time , we also did factory reset , but we cannot go into configure page ad MX serial number and blank password does not work 

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you disconnect the wan ports.

Then reset

Then try login

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you typing the serial number in as upper case? 

" The username for devices that have default authentication credentials or have not fetched configuration will be the serial number (upper case letters and dashes) with no password. "

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me...

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

+1 to make sure you are using upper case.

Otherwise factory reset the MX.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_Fa... 

I Have done factory reset 4 times , and using the username in Caps . But still it does not take . I will do a reset again today and will try a different laptop just to check if it works . will let all know after doing that . 

Are you sure this MX is not added to any organizations/network?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

If you have done everything suggested I would open a support case. Is the device brand new or second hand?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.