Wish: Network-Wide Overview with All Device Export

DarkStar
Getting noticed

Wish: Network-Wide Overview with All Device Export

I would like a Network Overview page showing all the devices in the network and their status. Would be very helpful to be able to download the list, with all information, for inventory purposes. Thank you. See Created Screen Shot.Meraki Make A Wish Network Overview Pix 1u (06-21-2018).png

12 REPLIES 12
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Hi @DarkStar.

Go to Organization --> overview, then select the "devices" tab. There's a "CSV" button in the top right to export.

Is that what you're after?

Adam
Kind of a big deal

@jdsilva wrote:

Hi @DarkStar.

Go to Organization --> overview, then select the "devices" tab. There's a "CSV" button in the top right to export.

Is that what you're after?

I'm thinking he may want a list of all of the devices in a given Network.  Or in all networks.  I think that overview page just exports the list of network names.  To achieve what you're looking for you may have to go to an API request.  One of the Meraki techs made a python script to do something similar to that for me but to only export those devices with no location set.    

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

The devices tab shows you all devices in an Org. Network make is one of the fields making it trivial to filter an exported CSV. 

If you just stay on the default tab you're totally correct @Adam it just shows network names.

DarkStar
Getting noticed

@Adam

You are correct. Thanks!

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

@jdsilva wrote:

Capture12.PNG

Nope that gives you all devices. I need them per network with more information.

Maybe I should help clarify. I have 120 Networks in 1 Origination and more in other Originations, having something like the screenshot and then being able to export all the devices would help with inventory, licensing renewals, and providing something to a site quickly. Thanks for your help. 

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Network Name is one of the fields. It'd be pretty trivial to filter/sort based on that getting you your network device list.

I realize this ain't exactly what you're after, but I feel like you guys are dismissing it unfairly. First by a misunderstanding on what tab I was referring to, and now over a pretty small thing. 

Anyway, this is as close to what you are asking that is available today. If you can use it great, if not then that's too bad. Hopefully Meraki hears your ask and does something. 

Meraki Engineers: If you can provide something like the created screenshot for each Network that would be great. I believe this will solve many issues we are having as well as our many Meraki colleges. For us this will also help with the licensing issue we have been dealing with for years. The San Francisco upper management was looking for a solution and this could be as close as we get. Thanks 

Updated Screenshot, to better understand the need for this feature. Meraki Make A Wish Network Overview Pix 2u (06-25-2018).png

Ben
A model citizen

@DarkStar Since I don't see Meraki changing up their dashboard the best you can do is sort this via the API.

below are a few requests that you (or a dev) can run.

The best way forward I think is build your own script or app via the API calls to get the information you need out of the network.

GET List the devices in a network

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/897512/2To9xm#1efb40c2-4c39-3c0d-a9a4-ff7291ca0b39

GET List networks in org

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/897512/2To9xm#1527a177-b4fe-e94b-1a11-ffdc0585b10c

Organiation GET

Return the license state

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/897512/2To9xm#fa2e7fec-07a5-db72-9476-19e87c8fad4d

Return the inventory

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/897512/2To9xm#a8a73522-7f1d-046a-982a-1a3dfbba3d80

Return every device in the organization

https://documenter.getpostman.com/view/897512/2To9xm#f45ffad7-ad71-44d9-a4b3-c9ad74bfd9cc

In my opinion the Meraki API is a great tool to leverage the more advanced needs as you describe in your question.

@jdsilva

Nope that is just the site(s) information. I need what is in my screenshot exported with as much information as possible.

(All Information is Made up : Something like below)

Device, Model, Serial, Firmware, Date Claimed, etc. etc.etc. 

Firewall, MX100, xxxxxx, 12.14, 12-11-2015

Switch, MS350-48, xxxxx, 24.1, 11-03-2016

WAP, MR34, xxxxx, 23.11, 01-15-2017 

WAP, MR42, xxxxx, 23.11, 11-19-2017 

WAP, MR42, xxxxx, 23.11, 11-19-2017

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Yeh that's all in there. Hang on... On mobile... Will be back at my desk in a moment and can show a picture.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.