Wish: Ability to use a speed test website

DarkStar
Getting noticed

Wish: Ability to use a speed test website

I would like the ability to enter a speed test web site and Meraki allow you to test using their site. The Meraki Speed test is inaccurate 99% of the time. -DS

3 REPLIES 3
Welles
Building a reputation

I'm all for removal of the Meraki Speedtest function/feature. I find that to be a dead item. So many other outside sources that can give more accurate numbers. 

DarkStar
Getting noticed

@Welles  Removing the feature if there is no way to fix it I agree. However many times I do not have access to a remote system to do a speed test. I have networks all over the state, so I need the speed test to work from the MX.  OR I could be standing up a new site with no clients and I need to validate the speed to take possession of the circuit. Thanks -DS

@DarkStar wrote:

@Welles  Removing the feature if there is no way to fix it I agree. However many times I do not have access to a remote system to do a speed test. I have networks all over the state, so I need the speed test to work from the MX.  OR I could be standing up a new site with no clients and I need to validate the speed to take possession of the circuit. Thanks -DS

This is exactly why I want the speedtest feature. Being able run a speedtest without having to contact a user at the site would be very beneficial for us. Sure we could easily configure a RPi to do something like that, but again... if my home router can do it, why can't my Meraki device?

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.