Why Firmware upgrade show equipement does not exist ??

Bartounet
New here

Why Firmware upgrade show equipement does not exist ??

Good morning I find the firmware management unusable

In fact, in the firmware to be updated, equipment is displayed on sites which do not contain this equipment!!

For example, it shows me MT sensor updates on sites that do not contain them... Management is not at all practical

3 Replies 3
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Most likely it's because the network was created as a combined network, with all product types. If you had created the network at first as e.g. Security Appliance and afterwards added a switch or Wireless, it would have become a Combined Type but with only Security, Switch and/or Wireless product types.

To remove the MT and MV types you can select the network on the Organization Overview page. Tick the network, and click "Split". This will split the network into all product types that it contains. Then you can select the product types you are interested in, e.g. Security and Switch, and then click on "Combine". This will combine the selected networks into a Combined Network. The ones you are not interested, you can then simply delete.

If I recall, this does not have an impact to production, but it wouldn't hurt being in the side of caution, and do the first network split/combine in a service window to verify production impact (or lack thereof).

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Dashboard-Administration/Rouge-ghost-device-showing-in-firmware-page...

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
Bartounet
New here

Ok thanks a lot

I will try these manipulations

I still find it poorly thought out...

My 51 networks are impacted... and on most of them I have never had MT or MR and even MS...

But it asks me to update the firmware on these sites...

Frankly a simple update filter would be enough

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.