Rouge ghost device showing in firmware page - OCD kicking in!!

Solved
SjP
Conversationalist

Rouge ghost device showing in firmware page - OCD kicking in!!

A few years ago, we were testing some sensors but ended up not perusing this tech, so we removed them from our inventory. While the device no longer shows in inventory, it still shows up in our Firmware page as an option to upgrade its firmware. My OCD is in overdrive trying to find out how to remove it and for the life of me I cannot seem too. 

Seeking help so I can sleep peacefully again.....

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Split the network, delete the one that ends with - environmental, recombine the network.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

By any chances , do you have any combined networks that would also contain Sensors ?

SjP
Conversationalist

Absolutely no sensors in our network anywhere.....😕

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Split the network, delete the one that ends with - environmental, recombine the network.

SjP
Conversationalist

Awesome, that worked!! Best sleep ever coming tonight...thanks

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Find something even more cosmetically annoying, and then the sensor issue won't seem so bad.  🙂

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have the same problem with MX showing in one network that no longer has an MX, I just ignore it.

I have worked out I can't be to picky with Meraki otherwise I would end up spending hours manually correcting device types on the Network-wide > clients page. 

Ryan's fix of splitting, deleting the appliance Network, then recombining, would work for you too @BlakeRichardson 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.