Unused Network Type

dstatzer
Conversationalist

Unused Network Type

Hello,

We tested out the cloud monitoring for Catalyst a couple of years ago and have since removed the 9300 from our inventory and from our dashboard. We have no switches in our dashboard now, however we still have a "switch" network under that network and have switch firmware that shows up under our firmware upgrades. Does anyone know of a way to actually remove that switch network from our dashboard? It shows out of compliance but there is nothing to upgrade

2 Replies 2
ConnorL
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Organisation > Overview, tick the tickbox for the network and click "Split", then you can delete the XYZ-Switch network, then select the others and hit "Combine". This removes the switch portion of the network thus removing MS firmware validation.

Note you will lose client history info when you split the network. For more info see: https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Organizations_and_Networks/Combined_Dashboar...

dstatzer
Conversationalist

Thank you! I believe this is what I needed, however I am facing an issue with trying to split the network. It gives me an error that it can't be split due to tracking clients with unique client identifier. 

I do not see any way to actually change that since I don't have a routing or switching tab under my network since there isn't technically any devices. Any way around that or am I looking at a support case?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.