Understanding Network Topology

Jonathan_Galvez
Here to help

Understanding Network Topology

Hi Team,

I have a problem to understand, how should I read the network topology.

I have one MX and more MS all the MS are directly connected to the MX. Unfortunately in the topology I show more like cascade. It seems like the MS are connected to each other but this is wrong cause all are directly connected to the mx.

I have check everything and could find something:

When I check the port which is connected diretly to the MX I see in the CDP/LLDP list, that in top is not the MX listed.

- Meraki MS225-48FP - SW01R / 49(Meraki MS225-48FP Cloud Managed PoE Switch)raw
         - MS225-48FP / 47(MS225-48FP)raw
         - Meraki MX95 - FW1 / 5(Meraki MX95 Cloud Managed Security Appliance)raw
         - MS225-24P / 23(MS225-24P)raw
         - MS120-8FP / 9(MS120-8FP)raw

And this is the problem in the topology I see like this switch would be connected to the SW01 but this is wrong, it is directly connected to the FW1.

Can someone explain to me, how should I read the topology.

Many thanks!!!

Jonathan

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Take a look at this.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Network_Topology

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Hi,

unfortunately it doesn't help me.

On this site isn't explained, why I do not see how the devices are physically connected. 

Let me post you a picture.

Topology_wrong.png

My question is why I see the topology like that, when SW04 and SW02 are also directly connected to FW1?

Open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.