Unable to log a case with Meraki Support (Freezing when typing)

Solved
Joshua_Mcdonald
Here to help

Unable to log a case with Meraki Support (Freezing when typing)

When attempting to log a case with through the New Case option available through the dashboard my CPU usage skyrockets and the text freezes up and doesn't allow me to continue typing is there a fix for this.

I havent had this issue before but it seems something has changed and I am unable to workout how to resolve it. 

1 Accepted Solution
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You can always email:  support@meraki.com

Cases raised via Dashboard or via email get a lower priority answering calls, so if you need anything at all urgently, pick up the phone...  https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/Contacting_Support#Phone

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried with another web browser?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You can always email:  support@meraki.com

Cases raised via Dashboard or via email get a lower priority answering calls, so if you need anything at all urgently, pick up the phone...  https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Support/Contacting_Support#Phone

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I just tested it on my machine, and I couldn't notice any difference in CPU.

PhilipDAth_0-1681844312428.png

As @alemabrahao says - I would try a different browser first.

There have been a lot of Chrome and Edge updates of late.  Is your browser up to date?

Another test your could do is to open the case using incognito mode.  This disables most extensions.  If the problem goes away, you know it is related to one of the extensions in your browser.

Browsers often lean on the GPU quite a bit.  If your machine has a dedicated GPU in it - you could try updating the GPU drivers.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.