Unable to claim devices in any org

Solved
Mikeylad
Here to help

Unable to claim devices in any org

We are having a strange issue this morning where I cant add any devices to any org.

Going to the org Inventory page and then clicking claim, type out the SN or order number and the next button doesn't work - is anyone else having this issue?

I've tried different browsers and incognito mode, different orgs etc but I still have the same issue even with different device SNs.

Thanks

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

First I opened a ticket via the Dashboard but then called in last night and they added my devices. They didn't close the ticket yet but I checked this morning and it looks like everything is working now.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No error message at all ? That is weird !

Keeping an eye on : https://status.meraki.net/#

Have you contacted support ?

Hey RaphaeIL,

Correct - no errors at all just an unclickable blue 'Next' button 

Ticket opened with support but no replies as yet

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Did you try claiming by the license key (under Org > License info) and list of serial numbers (Under Org > Inventory) separately?

Yes sir,

The button changes from a greyed out blue to a deep blue when the full serial is entered - however the next button doesn't work. its just not clickable to move onto the next page.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've had this happen before with new kit - Meraki sends the email with the order number before the system recognises it.  Usually, waiting 2 hours resolves the issue/.

Mikeylad
Here to help

One thing i will point out is that it appears to ONLY be an issue on organizations that are "per device licensing"  and it doesn't matter if its a license or a device i try to add.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hmm thats an odd one. I use PDL and claimed an order two days ago without issue. I didn't claim the order straight away as Phil mentioned it would have been 24 hours later. 

Malarkey_MX
Here to help

Our Org is PDL and we are having the exact same issue.

I'm glad that im not going crazy...  currently on with support again trying to escalate. my ticket for reference is 10467168. 

I can add the devices to regular licensed customers but not to any PDL - the web page is clearly broken

I noticed that it's not just the "Next" button not working. If you're in the Licensing & Inventory section, at the bottom of the page, the page navigation links and the "give your feedback" button also don't work. It's the same whether you're on the Devices, Licenses, Expiration Dates, Networks, or Change Log tab. It's probably not effecting co-termination orgs because their licensing section doesn't have all those tabs.

Support was able to add my order for me.

Yeah actually i see that too on the feedback button... broken buttons at the bottom on all our PDL clients.

Did you actually log the issue with support or did they add the devices and close your ticket? 

Support also could add my devices, but as they where adding to Test/DEV org for a customer I left the ticket open hoping it hits the radar of someone able to fix the webpage issue going forward.

On a side note another engineer on my team is going to try to add the SNs via API to a PDL customer.  

First I opened a ticket via the Dashboard but then called in last night and they added my devices. They didn't close the ticket yet but I checked this morning and it looks like everything is working now.

Mikeylad
Here to help

Yeah the buttons are working again this morning! 

thanks all

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.