Unable to access SOME ORG sites via Meraki dashbord

PDSKturley
Here to help

Unable to access SOME ORG sites via Meraki dashbord

Unable to access SOME ORG sites via Meraki dashboard affecting Client VPN as well.

Meraki just acknowledged the issue and have started working on it.

10 Replies 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

https://status.meraki.net/

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
TMaki
Comes here often

Hey, @alemabrahao, the status page shows no issues but I'm also experiencing the same outage situation as the OP, cannot access the dashboard and Client VPN is down for my org. Maybe consider not just dropping the status page like it's a definitive source of info when clearly it can be wrong.

@PDSKturley thanks for the head's up about Meraki ack'ing issues.

EDIT: seems resolved for me, at least.

When we go to the OLD Overview page the affected ORG;s also show broken. 

@TMaki I have to agree why did meraki tech support open me a ticket, acknowledge teh issue, and the "Staus" page shows no issue.

😔

Org's Just came back online, @TMaki  give yours a check.

What shard number are you on @PDSKturley ? E.g. n123.meraki.com, there was some scheduled maintenance yesterday so I want to cross reference this to see if this is why you were impacted.

@ConnorL - SHARD maintenance during production hours on the East coast? What manager thought that was a good idea? I hope you're not insinuating that would make it OK to be down with no warning. Or rollover to another SHARD system. Support acknowledged an issue, but it took them a while to figure it out too. So, some lack of planning on Meraki's part if Maintenance was the root cause.

To answer your question, I could not tell you the URL from yesterday, since during the outage the pages would never load, and I did not think to look at the URLs at that time. Currently the ones that were affected are now on n235. most of my other sites show different addresses for each ORG, and only 5 of 15 were affected. They are all currently working.

@ConnorL  If there is scheduled maintenance should it not be listed on the status.meraki.com?

Customers / end users shouldn't be left in the dark about outages and scheduled maintenance. 

"Typically" you get a banner on the top of the dashboard when you log into a shard that is under maintenance.

Scheduled maintenance will typically be shown as a banner on Dashboard when you're viewing your organisation. Re: status page, as per the blurb at the top:

"...It does not reflect scheduled maintenance or service outages that fall below the threshold mentioned above."

TMaki
Comes here often

My org is also on n235

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.