Unable to Assign DEP settings to iPads

SOLVED
Ianw
Conversationalist

Unable to Assign DEP settings to iPads

I have a number of new iPads.  They are all DEP registered and have been assigned to Systems manager by Apple School manager.  Server tokens, etc are up to date.

When I try to assign DEP setting in SM I get the message "Unable to contact Apple servers. Please try again later."

Does anyone have any suggestions to help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@Ianw Whenever I have seen this occur in the past usually waiting 15-30 minutes and trying again the issue is resolved. Is this issue still occurring? 

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
vassallon
Kind of a big deal

@Ianw Whenever I have seen this occur in the past usually waiting 15-30 minutes and trying again the issue is resolved. Is this issue still occurring? 

Ianw
Conversationalist

Thanks for your response.  I have tried several times in the past few days. 

vassallon
Kind of a big deal

When you click the link for DEP does the page say it's communicating with Apple? Are you also able to do a full sync with Apple? Are you using the free or paid version of Meraki?

If you are still having issues, I would suggest speaking to Apple and/or Meraki about the issue. I am able to assign settings without an issue to my iPads. 

Ianw
Conversationalist

This is an ongoing pain.  Trying now to assign another batch of iPads and still getting that message.  Yes it will work eventually but how many times will I need to try.

Plus every time I try I will have to work through that dreadful "skip steps" dropdown box.  

Ianw
Conversationalist

You were right about waiting!  I had tried several times over a few days but suddenly now it has worked.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.