Trial License question: un-claiming/claiming testing

tdj7397
Here to help

Trial License question: un-claiming/claiming testing

I've done some digging online here in the community, on Meraki Documentation and some other sources but am still trying to figure this out:

Can I un-claim devices utilizing a trial license from an organization we have for testing and claim them back to the same organization with that same trial license? Or would we need revenue licenses to do this?

I see on https://documentation.meraki.com/Getting_Started/Meraki_Free_Trials  that you can move trials to another organization following these steps: un-claim, contact support to have them un-link your trial & claim trial into the NEW organization.

So: can you accomplish the un-claim/re-claim without Meraki support intervention if it's the same organization or will this not work? 

Note for context: we are testing an automated claiming process via API and having problems with the MX devices being provisioned into the same organization and not separately like we want.

Thanks in advance.

Tanner Johnson, ITILv4, ECMS1
4 REPLIES 4
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

You can unclaim and claim the devices no problem. But once the license is claimed it's there and you can't (re)move it without calling Meraki. 

Actually, you can unclaim licenses for some time after you've claimed them. But the time is limited. 7 days I believe. Or is that not the case for trials?

But since everything stays within the same organization in your case, you don't need to unclaim anything. You can just move devices to a different network.

@BrechtSchamp  Yeah I think it is a 7 day grace period on unclaiming the licenses I did read that somewhere I believe. I'm not sure what the case is for trials, I can't find much information on them so that's why I came here! Yeah well I need the devices/licenses to be removed to simulate a test scenario of a new install and to create that second network, I can't manually move them into a network that doesn't exist yet. 

In our testing scenario the API creates the Org and then the devices are added to it, in our first test scenario all worked fine at first but then our second set of devices the MX got added to the existing network in the org and didn't create a new second network for it. 

Sorry if that's confusing, it's the end of the day for me lol.

I'm not sure I can move the devices to a network to accomplish what I need to here.

Thanks.

I know that. I'm specifically wondering here about the differences between the trial licenses vs. the revenue licenses. So even with Trials I have to contact Meraki is what you're saying?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.