Testing Android Deployment with Meraki MDM. I can't seem to get the apps to install via the MDM

Chris_McCurdy
Here to help

Testing Android Deployment with Meraki MDM. I can't seem to get the apps to install via the MDM

Hello,

I have a ton of experience with iPad/DEP deployment because 99% of my clients use DEP apple iPads, however I have one client that uses Samsung Android Tablets.

Model: SM-T727V

Android version: 10

Knox Version: 3.5

I was trying to enroll these devices using the Owner Mode so that we could have full control over these tablets. We have enrolled the MDM with Android Enterprise using a Google Workspace (G-suite) Domain and enabled the Third Party integration on the G-suite side.

I am able to successfully enroll the tablets to the MDM via Add Devices in System Manager. However I do not seem to have the ability to Auto install apps or Push apps to the tablet. I did notice that when the activity log for the tablet said "install Success" I would see that the app had been added to the SM App on the tablet with a button that says install.

Questions:

• Does Android not let you install apps via the MDM portal?
  • Do you have to have a user manually click install on the SM app?
  • Could Knox be interfering? I did not enroll the device using Knox. (That I know of) 

I guess I am having a hard time understanding the documentation with regards to Owner Mode and Android Enterprise. I called Meraki support but they just seem to be dazed and confused. 

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When I do it, the app is auto-installed.  I don't recall what was required to make it do that.

Well thanks? That's not very helpful.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.