Testing Android Deployment with Meraki MDM. I can't seem to get the apps to install via the MDM

Chris_McCurdy
Here to help

Testing Android Deployment with Meraki MDM. I can't seem to get the apps to install via the MDM

Hello,

I have a ton of experience with iPad/DEP deployment because 99% of my clients use DEP apple iPads, however I have one client that uses Samsung Android Tablets.

Model: SM-T727V

Android version: 10

Knox Version: 3.5

I was trying to enroll these devices using the Owner Mode so that we could have full control over these tablets. We have enrolled the MDM with Android Enterprise using a Google Workspace (G-suite) Domain and enabled the Third Party integration on the G-suite side.

I am able to successfully enroll the tablets to the MDM via Add Devices in System Manager. However I do not seem to have the ability to Auto install apps or Push apps to the tablet. I did notice that when the activity log for the tablet said "install Success" I would see that the app had been added to the SM App on the tablet with a button that says install.

Questions:

• Does Android not let you install apps via the MDM portal?
  • Do you have to have a user manually click install on the SM app?
  • Could Knox be interfering? I did not enroll the device using Knox. (That I know of) 

I guess I am having a hard time understanding the documentation with regards to Owner Mode and Android Enterprise. I called Meraki support but they just seem to be dazed and confused. 

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When I do it, the app is auto-installed.  I don't recall what was required to make it do that.

Well thanks? That's not very helpful.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.