SNMP Issue

SOLVED
Naahrigs
Conversationalist

SNMP Issue

Hello,
I am sorry if this issue as already been covered but I didn't find anything useful yet ... Switch and everything related isn't my usual cup of tea.

Dashboard is working fine, I enabled snmp v2 and added a community string but when I'm trying to snmpwalk IP-MIB::ipNetToMediaEntry, I get this error : IP-MIB::ipNetToMediaEntry = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID.

I think I do have the mibs required since I'm able to run it with a different non-cisco switch.

Since dashboard has the informations I need, how am I not able to find then with snmpwalk?

I'm sure solution is easy and I'm just dumb but I'll really apreciate if someone could help me ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RomanMD
Building a reputation

The device doesn't rely on the snmp information. Snmp is another way to expose some information from the switch. So the OID's may or may not be implemented.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Bettencourt
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

It appears to be a feature request, please login to your dashboard and click the "Give your feedback" button on the bottom right of every page.

snmpwalk -v2c -t 10 -c xxx -Ob -M +. -m +MERAKI-CLOUD-CONTROLLER-MIB snmp.meraki.com:16100 .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.22.1 

IP-MIB::ipNetToMediaEntry = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

snmpwalk -v2c -t 10 -c meraki 192.168.128.2:161 .1.3.6.1.2.1.4.22.1 

.1.3.6.1.2.1.4.22.1 : Unknown Object Identifier (Sub-id not found: ipNetToMediaTable -> 1 )

Thanks for your reply,

But I'm a little confused, if it's not available as snmpwalk request, how does the dashboard can link IP and MAC address ?

I'm trying to fetch them to populate my IPAM software.

RomanMD
Building a reputation

The device doesn't rely on the snmp information. Snmp is another way to expose some information from the switch. So the OID's may or may not be implemented.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.