RMA for EOL Products

Solved
Catalin19
Conversationalist

RMA for EOL Products

Hello,

Case: MX84 had end of sale on Oct 31, 2021, and the end of support will be on Oct 31, 2026.

What will happen if the HW needs to be replaced? is broken...
The end-user will receive other MX84 or the replacement HW - MX85 - without any costs?  

Thank you!
BR!

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Across all my customers, I probably RMA a failed device every 2 to 4 weeks (especially MX65s at the moment; they are starting to fail at much higher rates, especially units with both POE ports in use).

I have had a lot of MX65s replaced with MX68s.

I have had two MX400s replaced with MX250s (along with all optics)

I can't remember ever having an MX84 fail.

Note that the failure has to happen while still in support to get hardware replacement.  Otherwise, the replacement is on you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

https://meraki.cisco.com/meraki-support/policies/

Meraki typically provides support for a given product for a period of five (5) years after the EOS date. If the discontinued product is not available for replacement or repair of an in-warranty return, Cisco Meraki may replace the discontinued product with functionally equivalent hardware and transfer the remaining license term from the replaced product to the replacement hardware.

Catalin19
Conversationalist

Hi,
Thank you for the reply but is still unclear for me.
Today, if MX84 is broken and it needs to be replaced (RMA) the end-user will receive a new MX84 or the equivalent HW -MX85 new model - without extra charge?
Thank you!

BR!  

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Catalin19 I RMAed an MX65 earlier this year and received an MX68 as the replacement.  The support team didn't automatically change the license as they said the licensing team had to do that.  I emailed them and after 3-4 weeks of chasing it did get swapped over with no cost to me and no service interruption.

When I've RMAed MRs before I have always got the same model back even if it is end of sale.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Across all my customers, I probably RMA a failed device every 2 to 4 weeks (especially MX65s at the moment; they are starting to fail at much higher rates, especially units with both POE ports in use).

I have had a lot of MX65s replaced with MX68s.

I have had two MX400s replaced with MX250s (along with all optics)

I can't remember ever having an MX84 fail.

Note that the failure has to happen while still in support to get hardware replacement.  Otherwise, the replacement is on you.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.