Network name is automatically filled under Network-wide -> General

SOLVED
thestatic1982
Here to help

Network name is automatically filled under Network-wide -> General

I've got an issue that that is driving me crazy.  When I navigate to Network-wide -> General, my Network name is automatically edited to  network name that I created previously.  I don't have to select the form, it just automatically changes when the page loads and then prompts me to save changes.  The same thing happens when visiting the General page of a configuration template.  This happens in both chrome and firefox. 

This does not happen when I use the private browsing feature in firefox or icognito mode of chrome.  I've deleted cookies, disabled form filling, address filling, cleared cache.  I'm not sure what is filling in this form.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hmm okay. Maybe a third party password manager plugin thinking it's a user name?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

So if the name is EXAMPLE-1 , and you change it to EXAMPLE-2 and hit save, refresh the page, it goes back to EXAMPLE-1 ?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

That's right.  Before I adjust the name, just accessng Network-wide -> General will trigger the name to change and prompt me to save changes.  If I change the name back to what it should be, and click save, after the changes save and the page refreshes, it will once again automatically change and prompt me to save.  The name is always the same.  I'm not sure where it's auto-populating this value from or what is triggering it to auto-populate at all.

Well that is strange, sounds odd, have never seen that issue, and recommend you contact support as it might be a brand new dashboard GUI bug.

Otherwise I would just play around with it on my own, go to the page, prompts me to hit save so I would just hit save, see what it does, try changing again rinse repeat. If problem still occurs then for sure reach out to support, as that is not normal
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Have you cleared autofill form data? https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392709

I'm sure Firefox has something similar.

I have tried this and it didn't resolve the issue unfortunately.

Hmm okay. Maybe a third party password manager plugin thinking it's a user name?

It was LastPass!  Normally when you have fields filled out by LastPass, you get their icon in the form field.  Apparently that is only for passwords.  I wasn't aware that LastPass was trying to perform any form field for anything other than username and password.  There were a number of fields that it saved entries for like twillio, firmware updates, etc. 

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Ah, gotta be careful with LastPass. Someone, whose name might be Nash, once accidentally changed client VPN PSKs because LastPass was helpfully autocompleting things when I would make new Meraki cloud credential users or whatever.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the issue happen whe running the browser in incognito mode?

It didn't happen in icognito mode with chrome or private browsing with FireFox. The reason being that I had LastPass disabled while private browsing.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.