Trigger Meraki alerts

FakrulAlamDA
Here to help

Trigger Meraki alerts

Hi,

I am working on integrating Mearki alerts (using webhook) with ITSM. To test the functionality I like to test each alerts and see how it reflect in ITSM. Is there any scripts/tool I can use to trigger the alerts specially udldError, malwareDetected, malwareBlocked, portCableError and rougueDHCPServer. I am able to trigger them manually it's really time consuming and I can't do it remotely.

Thanks

Fakrul.

6 REPLIES 6
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I suppose you already know that you can trigger AMP using the EICAR samples (eicar.org).

For rogue DHCP you could just run an open source DHCP server. Tftpd comes to mind.

But you can't do that remotely indeed. Unless you can access a client remotely. And I wouldn't do the DHCP test on a production network.

Yes i was able to use EICAR to check malwereBlocked alert. Regarding DHCP I am alwaya getting newDHCPDetected not the rogueDHCP one. Not sure for which scenario rogueDHCP alerts trigger. 

I haven't tested with it, but is the DHCP server you added handing out addresses in the same range as the MX is?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Is there any scripts/tool I can use to trigger the alerts

No.

@FakrulAlamDA  I would imagine a rogue DHCP alert would come when a subnet has a second DHCP server added onto it. 

I have tried putting a new DHCP server (advertising the same prefixes) but still getting NewDHCPservcerdetected alert.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.