Multiple Client Search

Solved
JoeyC
Conversationalist

Multiple Client Search

Hello everyone,

This seems pretty basic and I'm sure there's an easy solution I've overlooked somewhere even after searching on the community forum.

Basically I have a list of 40 devices that I want to search for on the client tab using the text input box. As it stands, I can only put one device ID in the search field and I've tried multiple ways to separate client IDs, to no avail.

I am in the process of writing an API to do something similar and iterate the list through 4 of our networks, but for now I just need to search for the devices per network without having to do them one at a time.

Is an API the only way to do this or is there some kind of delimiter I'm missing for the text input box?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution
JoeyC
Conversationalist

Ok, so do search for multiple devices I'll have to use an API to go ahead and iterate through the 4 networks and look for each device? The API is the only way to go for multiple devices and networks?

I appreciate the input. At least I can chalk this one up. Thank you

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That method only allows you to search for one at a time.

JoeyC
Conversationalist

Ok, so do search for multiple devices I'll have to use an API to go ahead and iterate through the 4 networks and look for each device? The API is the only way to go for multiple devices and networks?

I appreciate the input. At least I can chalk this one up. Thank you

EncinitasMatt
Here to help

On the 'old' version you can use " OR " between devices entries to search for multiple devices.  This was very useful and I even created an Excel/Docs formula using concantinate() to generate a string of text for me.  This does not work in the 'new' version and I con't find anything that does.  I almost exclusively use the 'old' version because of a lack of this feature.

Here is a sample of my excel formula
=CONCATENATE(A1&" OR ",A2&" OR ",A3)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response. Concatenation is what I was trying to do. I've looked around at a way to switch to an old style dashboard and can't find one. My Meraki account is managed by my company so I'm not sure there's a way to toggle back and forth for my profile. Hopefully someone at Cisco/Meraki will see the need for this feature and make it available in the new version.

Good idea with the excel formula. I had something similar that I made for Service Now but it won't work in the current version of the Meraki dashboard.

Thanks again

EncinitasMatt
Here to help

On the 'new' page, I see a link above the [Add Devices] button located top right, titled "View old version

On the 'old' page, I see a link to the right of the [Add Devices] button located top right, titled "View new version"

I'm a full admin and we have been using Meraki for years, before the interface updates.  I don't know if any of that matters regarding if these links show up or not

Looks like my company's dashboard doesn't have that option. Oh well. It was a thought and I appreciate the effort.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.