Moving License from one Device to another Device in one Organization

Solved
Noffal
Getting noticed

Moving License from one Device to another Device in one Organization

Hi,

I have a question about moving a license. I have 1 Meraki MX64 with enterprise license which used and plan to buy one more for backup unit and it will use if the first Meraki broken. How can I move the license from the first Meraki to the Backup unit or Should I buy an enterprise license for the backup unit? I couldn't found docs about it.

Any answer will be appreciated!

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On failure remove the failed MX from the network, and then add the cold spare in inventory to the network.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Noffal  This article will help you. If you are setting them up as a HA pair then you only need the one license, if you want to physically swap them yourself I would purchase a second license. 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Deployment_Guides/MX_Warm_Spare_-_High_Availability_Pair

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you are not using an HA spare; you only need a licence for an MX in a network.  So if you want to keep a cold spare you can without an extra licence.

Hi,

Yes, that's right, I will use the second MX for Cold Spare. So, If the first MX broken, I just add the Cold Spare MX to network from Inventory (unused) which I claimed before, right?

Thanks,

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On failure remove the failed MX from the network, and then add the cold spare in inventory to the network.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.