Merging two organizations

Danportuense
New here

Merging two organizations

Hello everyone!

At the company where I work, we have two organizations, in two different countries. Is it possible to merge these organizations into just one, to manage and control all devices in the same dashboard? I found this documentation here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Organizations_and_Networks/Best_Practices_fo...

Would it be the correct option?

Another question I have is, after the merging, can I buy all licenses for the equipment from the same vendor, even the ones in the other country? Will it affect how I get support for them after claiming the licenses?

e.g: I have 5 APs in Country 1 and another 5 APs in Country 2. For finance and management reasons, I want to buy all 10 licenses with a vendor from Country 1. Will I be able to apply the 5 licenses correctly to Country 2 and still receive support if needed?

Thank you in advance!

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's not possible, in short you'll have to move devices from one organization to another, so that all devices are in one organization.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is quite a painful job.  I guess if it was just a single office with 5 x APs it would be quite quick.

>Another question I have is, after the merging, can I buy all licenses for the equipment from the same vendor, even the ones in the other country?

Cisco resellers are not allowed to sell outside of their geographic territory, but the licences will work fine.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.