Meraki text message alerts

LMDT
New here

Meraki text message alerts

Hey, I have been trying to figure out how to make meraki send alerts to my phone via text message. I have provided twilio with phonenumber, but I can't figure out what to do. I thought this would be best place to ask.

Best regards, LMDT

5 REPLIES 5
MarkB2
Here to help

For event alerting I don't think you can send directly to SMS. Most carriers have an email address associated with your number that will forward to SMS, or you can use webhooks to send to a service that will trigger an SMS alert.

LMDT
New here

Thanks for the link, but I don't understand at all how to do this, I'm just a student with no knowledge on these, but would like to make this ''project''. I assume meraki staff can provide a step by step guide with meraki alerts using twilio for dummies.

Twilio is not used. As the doc mentions you send SMS alerts by using your phone number and SMS provider string.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Try a Google search of your mobile phone carrier name plus "SMS gateway email address" Verizon is 4155551212@vtext.com for example.  Then use that email address for the alerts you want to come as texts to your mobile phone.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.