Meraki order number claim question in dashboard

Keith_Li
Comes here often

Meraki order number claim question in dashboard

Dear All, 

I have a question on Meraki licenses woild like to ask, i recently purchase a meraki order for the following model, and i used the meraki order number to claim in the dashboard, but now our customer want to changed the AP deployment to differerent site instead, which only need MR44 x 10 whereas i have bought 20 in total for MR44, but i have already claim it in the dashboard, does it means the other MR44 x 10 that i still not use will also started to count ? can i un-claim it in dashboard first, and when i can claim it again wheneven i use the other 10 x MR44 AP again ?

MR 44 x 20 

keith 

5 REPLIES 5
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You can move serials numbers between orgs no problem. Just remove it from the network(s) (if assigned to networks) and then unclaim via the inventory page.

If you need to move/split licensing from the source org to a new destination org enable the co-term license move beta under Organization > Configure > Early Access on both orgs and make sure you're an admin in both orgs. Details HERE.

Keith_Li
Comes here often

just to verify one more thing, may i ask if i have a new site that will deploy MR44 in mid june 2023, but i already claim the order number into the inventory list, does it means these AP will started to count the licenses although not online and used ?

keith 

Yes - it would do this anyway;  licences start to 'tick' as soon as they are shipped, whether they're claimed or not, so much better to claim them straight away.   If you have a phased rollout over (say) many months, then discuss this with your partner and your Meraki account team and they can look at factoring in any delays, pre-order.

Keith_Li
Comes here often

its clear, so there is no way to like delay the license period to the date that i started to use the AP, unless i communicate with partner for special case like mine, thanks for your information 

keith 

Keith_Li
Comes here often

so that once i claimed with the order number, all the AP will started to count for the license date, even i unclaim it, its not gonna stop the license counted day ? if it possible if i inform parnter to stop counted the license date for those AP that i will not need to use this moment ? and claim the AP serial no when i need to use them ? 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.